Navigating getting pregnant in a bigger body can feel hard but unfortunately the potential stigma around being in a bigger body doesn’t stop once you are pregnant.
Here are some of my favourite resources for navigating pregnancy with a higher BMI.
- Michelle @fat.and.pregnant is a size friendly doula, the author of the brilliant book Fat Birth and runs amazing workshops called “Positive Birth at Any Size” alongside size inclusive online Pre-Natal yoga classes.
- Jen McLellan @plusmommy runs the brilliant websites Plus Mommy and Plus Size Birth. They also have a useful guide called My Plus Size Pregnancy Guide (This is an affiliate link which means that at no cost to you, I may receive a small commission for recommending this product)
- The London Centre for Intuitive Eating created this great weight inclusive guide to Pregnancy
- Big Birthas are a UK organisation run by Amber Marshall, providing evidence based support around pregnancy and birthing at a higher BMI. They also have a useful facebook group.
- Emma Ashworth has a really great Instagram account to follow around Birth Rights within the UK